Why did the chicken cross the road? Everybody has their own theory on it but one thing is for sure the chicken would be happy if it crossed the road to get to Lucy’s.
A staple in Austin’s food scene, Lucy’s Fried Chicken is everyone’s favorite spot for homegrown meals. With a take on classics and fried chicken that’s pretty dang perfect, you’ll find something to please your palette.
Start with some appetizers which they have plenty to choose from. Like Fried Chicken Boudin Balls (pictured), Deep Fried Deviled Eggs, Fried Green Tomatoes and even Oysters.
They also have an off the menu item called “the lizarrd” which if you haven’t guessed yet since it’s a fried chicken spot, is fried chicken livers and gizzards.
They also have a huge selection of hot sauces, from very mild to very wild!
Tunes on the juke box are always free. They offer a Blue Plate Special M-F 11am-4pm. So follow the chicken and cross the road where you will be taken back in time to a 50’s style dining adventure.
Happy hour specials:
- Monday- $4 house margaritas and $1 Lonestar tall boys all day
- Tuesday- $3 pints and half price bottles of wine all day
- Wednesday- $1 Pearl and $5 Juicy Lucy all day
- Thursday- $3 wells and $3 Texas craft cans ’til 7pm
- Friday- half off all specialty cocktails ’til 7pm
- Saturday and Sunday- $4 Mimosas, j3 screwdrivers & salty dogs and $5 Bloody Marys ’til 5pm
2218 College Ave, Austin, Texas 78704
5408 Burnet Rd, Austin, Texas 78756
2043 South Lamar Blvd, Austin, 78704 (on the fly)