Want a not traditional but easy to make pumpkin pie dessert for Thanksgiving or any holiday gathering?
- 1 29oz or 2 15oz cans of pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1 12oz can of evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups of light brown sugar (white is fine)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 pkg yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup melted butter/margarine (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 cup of finely chopped nuts (almond, walnut, pecan…)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl beat the eggs then add evaporated milk and spices. Mix in the pumpkin and sugar. Mix very well. Pour into an ungreased 13 x 9 x 2 pan.
Sprinkle dry cake mix over the pumpkin mixture, then pour the melted butter/margarine on top. Sprinkle with nuts.
Bake 1 hour.
Let cool before serving. (Add whip cream if desired)