Has the queso turned hard on your taco? No more seasoning in your meat? Well here’s a recipe that can turn that around. Make your taco into a pie. Yes, a taco pie! With just a few ingredients you can turn taco night into a weekly meal everyone will be hungry for.
- 16 oz/ pound of taco meat (ground meat or skillet mix)
- Pre-made graham cracker pie crust.
- Package of shredded cheddar cheese ( any variety)
- Small white onion
- 2-3 small tomatoes
- Package of taco seasoning/sauce or your own seasoning (salt, pepper, cayenne, chili powder, cumin)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Shredded lettuce (optional)
- Cilantro (optional)
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Cook your ground meat and add your seasoning.
You can then top it off with shredded lettuce, sour cream or just cilantro. Go bold and make your own pico de gallo for a topping. The toppings can be anything you would use on a regular taco. It’s your taco pie make it unique. Bon appetit.